Saturday Morning Lists
It’s been a stressful, busy couple of weeks for me. Sleep has been minimal, cleaning has been non existent, relaxation infrequent. So last night? I had beers. And steak. And a bath. And I slept like the dead for twelve straight hours.
This morning? I’m enjoying my coffee, chillin’ until the house is completely empty and then I shall do some cleaning and laundry in the peace and quiet without having to trip over anyone.
I intended to sit here and write a good, long blog post but… meh… my brain isn’t working all that well yet. So I’ll resort to a list. Lists? Are my friend.
Things I love:
- Massage Oil
- The Jimmyjane Contour stones. Oh my!
- my friends
- That Teen in my kitchen doing the dishes whilst singing along with his headphones
- having my hair played with
- forehead kisses
- my iPhone
- the smell of mcdonalds in the morning
- clear skin
- the feel of lazing around in mussy sheets in the morning with a breeze blowing my curtains
- camping (two weeks! in two weeks I shall be around a fire, spending my days on the back of the bike or in a canoe, my nights laughing around that fire with the most excellent of friends)
- line dried sheets
- cheap, frozen chicken chimichangas – though I don’t eat them frozen, of course!
Things I hate:
- being used
- false friends
- people who criticize behind my back instead of to my face
- expired half and half
- dark circles under my eyes
- tweezing my eyebrows
- cheap coffee
- dog hair in piles on my kitchen floor – I could make a new dog with the hair my rottie has shedded this week alone
- doing laundry
- drugs – even the ones I have to take
And that? Is all I have for today. That Teen is done with his chores and taking a shower, which means he’ll be gone for the day soon. Taylor is already at the shop, working on a friend’s car. (Hi Dave!)
And I? I will soon have the house to myself which means peace and quiet and no one else’s energy to invade my senses and, even though I shall be cleaning, I plan to enjoy it.